We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Firefighter Paramedic Testing Announcement
The Arvada Fire Protection District will hold an Assessment Center to test for Firefighter Paramedics the week of June 11, 2018 with interviews on June 28 & 29. Top candidates will be offered a position to start fire academy on August 6th. A hiring list of qualified candidates will also be created.
2018 Salary and Benefits
- Firefighter Paramedic 1st Year Annual Salary $63,378
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, voluntary FSA
- FPPA pension plan
- Long term disability, life insurance, AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary policies through Aflac and PFIA
Candidates will be invited to the Assessment Center from one of two test lists:
- National Testing Network FireTeam - https://nationaltestingnetwork.com/publicsafetyjobs/ Test Completed by May 12th
- Colorado FIREfighter Testing Consortium entry level test - April 2018 or October 2017 - April test application deadline – March 23rd .
To be considered candidates must possess:
- Current State of Colorado Paramedic Certification – OR – National Registry Paramedic Certification
- Current ACLS and CPR
- CPAT Certificate valid through July 2018
- Drivers’ License and acceptable driving record
Candidates will be contacted to apply for the Assessment Center by May 18, 2018. Only applications invited through this process will be accepted.
All job offers are contingent upon applicants passing pre-employment background check, medical evaluation (NFPA 1582 Standard), criminal history review, MVR review and drug screen.
Arvada Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Entry Level Firefighter Testing
Looking for a job as a Firefighter? Take this entry test to be considered for positions by 13 departments!
The Colorado FIREfighter Testing Consortium is taking applications for testing in April.
Test scores are valid for 1 year.
*March 23, 2018 – Application Deadline
*April 18, 2018 Test
North Metro Fire Training Center
1006 Weld Co. Rd. 11
Times to be scheduled
*April 21, 2018 Test
South Adams County Fire Station
10326 Walden Street
Commerce City, CO
Times to be scheduled
*You must submit an application to take the test
*Cost to apply $125
*Carefully read all the requirements and complete all the application steps before you submit.
Fire Department Members of the Consortium
|Adams County FPD||Louisville FPD|
|Arvada FPD||Mountain View FPD|
|Brighton FPD||North Metro FPD|
|Boulder FPD||South Adams County FPD|
|Federal Heights FD||Thornton FD|
|Lafayette FD||Westminster FD|