Now Hiring - CLOSING SOON
Payroll and Accounts Payable Specialist
Due to overwhelming response, we'll be closing this application period on Saturday November 16th at 8am.
The Arvada Fire Protection District has an immediate opening for a Payroll and Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist. This is a full-time, FLSA non-exempt position.
Under the general supervision of the Finance Director, the Payroll & AP Specialist performs varied accounting functions, including (but not limited to) processing firefighter and administrative payroll (including differential pay rates, comp time, and FLSA earnings), maintaining timekeeping and payroll systems, filing pension and tax payments, requesting interagency reimbursements, and processing accounts payable. The Payroll & AP Specialist is responsible for the management of timekeeping and payroll systems, including coordinating changes to software as necessary. The role requires strong problem solving and critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and resolve systems and processing issues.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching contribution to 401(a) retirement plan
- Life and disability insurance
- Starting salary $65,000 - $80,000 depending on qualifications
- At least 18 years of age
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years' experience in payroll and accounts payable processing
- Prefer payroll experience with shift and differential pay rates
Submit a current resume and cover letter by 8:00 am Saturday November 16, 2019 5:00 pm on Friday November 22, 2019 via email to HR@arvadafire.com or deliver to:
Arvada Fire Protection District
Attention: Human Resources
7903 Allison Way
Arvada, CO 80005
View the job description HERE.
Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a drug screen and background check (employment, criminal, motor vehicle, credit).
Arvada Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Looking for a job as a Firefighter?
Take this entry test to be considered by 14 departments!
Colorado FIREfighter Testing Consortium
Entry Level Firefighter Test
The next testing opportunity will be April 2020.
- Standby for April Test Dates
* Cost to apply $110
* Apply at https://iosolutions.com/product/colorado-firefighter-testing-consortium-application/
** Carefully read all the requirements and complete all the application steps before you submit.
Fire Department Members of the Consortium
|Adams County FPD||Louisville FPD|
|Arvada FPD||Mountain View FPD|
|Brighton FPD||North Metro FPD|
|Boulder FPD||Rocky Mountain FPD|
|Federal Heights FD||South Adams County FPD|
|Lafayette FD||Thornton FD|
|Longmont FD||Westminster FD|
Jeffcom is Hiring!
- Full-time Emergency Communications Specialists
- Network Administrator
More information HERE.